UNSW Student Life and Communities welcomes all visitors to our Kensington and Paddington campus!
The accessibility ambassadors are student volunteers that help keep our campus inclusive, and assist everyone on campus to experience and participate in events fully. If you are unsure what to expect when you are on campus, the student Accessibility Ambassadors are always here to help.
- People with a disability (permanent or temporary)
- People with walking difficulty, vision impairment, etc.
- People with anxiety or other conditions who may may need companionship
- An Elderly person
- A condition that results in disturbed behavior that is imputed to the person (due to the set up of the environment)
- Staff or Student program organizers who are running an event for UNSW
Student Ambassadors are trained to:
- Assist all visitors at UNSW held events
- Provide information on Accessibility
- Physical navigation on campus
- Provide Campus Tours and finding alternative routes with you based on your needs
- Direct you to appropriate facilities or services (e.g. UNSW Disability Service Unit, Securities, Campus Facilities, etc.)
- Create personal plan based on your semester timetable
- Provide companionship or shadowing
- A personal guide to participate in events
This support service and volunteer program is offered by UNSW Student Life & Communities.
Contact us regarding
- Having ambassadors at your event;
- Chat with you regarding services available on campus;
- Finding the right routes to your classes (esp. when building / lifts are closed)
Click here to request ambassadors at your event.
For more information please contact email@example.com