UNSW Advantage eligibility criteria:
- Be a university run volunteering or professional development activity
- Involve practical activities that contribute to the university or wider community
- Demonstrate alignment with three or more of the Seven UNSW Advantages
- Involve mandatory training to sufficiently prepare participants to undertake the tasks
- Have a minimum total commitment of 20 hours (including training)
- Be coordinated, supervised or monitored by a university staff member who can verify the hours and activities undertaken and update the online database (CCOS) periodically
Activities could fall into one of the following categories:
- Clubs and Societies
- Committees and Councils
- Peer Mentoring and Tutoring
- Student Media and Publications
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Led Teams
- Student Exchange
- Leadership and Professional Development Programs
- Community Volunteering
For a full list of what's currently included, visit the UNSW Advantage search.
Please note, merit awards for academic excellence, including Deans’ Lists, are not co-curricular achievements and are not eligible to be part of UNSW Advantage. All academic awards, prizes or acknowledgements should be directed to UNSW Prizes.
Please contact Advantage if you would like help in assessing whether your opportunity is eligible.