Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science with an Honours in Science (major in Psychology).
Business Analyst - Consulting
Current work activities and projects
Assisting a major telco with its 5G strategy; helping a private equity client determine whether it should make a significant infrastructure investment; working with a sports organisation to understand the future of sports media consumption.
Highlights of the role
- We are a small and close-knit team: everyone knows each other well, we are friends inside and outside of work and we do lots of social activities together.
- I am given opportunities to step outside my comfort zone: due to our small size, I am often provided with the opportunity to take on additional responsibility and test myself.
- We work on interesting projects for interesting clients: we are tightly focused on strategy work, which means shorter project lengths, more project variety and greater impact for our clients.
- I have mentors to look up to: our senior team is made up of a mix of born and bred Venture consultants who know our way of doing things inside out and recruits from top consulting firms like BCG, McKinsey and PIP.
- We work with global partners: we have partners in the US and Europe with who we work with on projects and even have opportunities for exchange.
Career: Presenting a 3-year forecast operating model to the CFO and CSO of a client.
University: attaining first-class honours in Psychology after a big year of work!
Highlights of UNSW
- Playing social soccer at the cage down at lower campus.
- Getting a $10 chicken schnitty on a Wednesday at the Whitehouse.
- Dressing up as an Ancient Greek for the Roundhouse Toga Party.
Advice for current students
- Put yourself out there and get involved with clubs/societies - they're a great way to meet people and figure out what you're interested in.
- This one is obvious, but study hard! Don't be satisfied with just getting passes as that will make things more difficult down the line.