The Elite Athlete, Performers and Leaders Program is currently under review.
If you are an elite athlete with an enquiry please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an elite performer or leader requiring assistance with your studies, please contact your course convener or apply for special consideration
UNSW offers a number of support and development services for students. This page outlines the additional support services available for elite athletes, performers and leaders.
The Elite Athletes, Performers and Leaders Support Program provides eligible current students with the necessary support to successfully integrate their academic life with their external pursuits in the form of enrolment flexibility, cross-institutional study options and leave of absence for travel commitments.
Flexibility of study at UNSW
Elite Athletes, Performers and Leaders may receive support from UNSW in the below areas:
- Flexibility to tailor academic study load and timetables to integrate with performing or sporting commitments
- Access to distance education materials, and/or class notes for missed lectures, tutorials or practicals
- Extension of minimum time to complete courses due to periods of decreased study load
- Leave of absence where required due to increased commitments, e.g. Olympic Games, University Debating Competitions, orchestral and other performances
- Cross-institutional study options with interstate universities, and flexibility within this policy provided for students (e.g. a first year student may be eligible and flexibility may be available for the number of courses able to be completed by cross institutional study)
- Ability to swap between distance education mode (if appropriate) and on campus mode, depending on commitments
- Assessment deadlines can be altered based on related travel commitments
- Possibility to sit exams externally under exam conditions
- Minimum attendance at lectures, tutorials or practicals waived where student is unavailable due to related commitments and where this is negotiated in advance with the relevant course or program authority