The Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Breakout Groups allow participants to engage in groups separate from the main room. Participants in the group can chat, share files, collaborate on the whiteboard and video call privately from the main group. Note: Breakout group interactions aren't captured in session recordings.
Breakout groups are designed for group collaboration independent from the main group. Participants can privately share files, video call within their own group. Note: Content shared in a breakout group is not available when breakout groups end.
Share Content within your Breakout group
When in a breakout room you can share content with the other participants in the group
1. Click the Share Content button
2. Select the type of content you want to share i.e Whiteboard or files
3. Confirm by clicking "Share"
Switching Breakout Groups
Instructors can activate a setting which allows participants to manually switch between groups, to do this:
1. Click the arrow icon next to the group you want to join
2. Click "Join Group"
Using chat within Breakout Groups
You can choose to chat with the people in your group or to everyone in the session, to do this:
1. Click the chat bubble icon at the bottom of the screen
2. Select the group you want to chat with by selecting an option from the drop down list