Contacts for advice with complaints

Here you can discover contacts that can help you with your complaint.

Student Conduct and Integrity Unit

The Student Conduct and Integrity Unit can provide information on the complaints process.

Phone: (02) 9385 8515


Sexual misconduct

Any information you may have regarding sexual misconduct can be reported by any of the below mechanisms:

Student Support and Success

Student Support Advisors are available to provide support in making a complaint, particularly at the informal level.

Student Advocate

For independent advice and advocacy, you can contact: Student Advocate at Arc@UNSW

Grades or class difficulties

If you have a complaint about a mark or an overall grade, an event in class or difficulty in your program, talk to the lecturer, tutor, coordinator or technical officer. If you don’t feel comfortable approaching the person directly, you should seek the advice of the School Grievance Officer or Head of School.

Administrative matters

For a course-related complaint talk to your tutor, your lecturer or the course coordinator. Alternatively, you could seek advice from your School Grievance Officer or Head of School.

Postgraduate research students

The Graduate Research School is the central administrative and support unit for all higher degree research students and their supervisors at UNSW. For more info contact:

Personal matters

Counselling and Psychological Services [CAPS] offers individual counselling and support in helping students to find their way at university.

Personal safety

If you are facing an immediate threat to your safety, contact Campus Security.


See next