Sexual assault, sexual harassment, and other forms of sexual misconduct are not tolerated at UNSW.
This form is intended to enable you to report:
- a current or past incident of sexual misconduct that has happened to you online, on a UNSW campus, in UNSW student accommodation or during a UNSW activity where you, or the other person involved, are a UNSW student or staff member
- a sexual misconduct incident that happened to someone else who is a UNSW student or staff member
- a sexual misconduct incident that is affecting your current ability to work or study at UNSW, even if the incident is not recent, and even if it did not happen on a UNSW campus or in UNSW student accommodation, or during a UNSW activity.
Our aims are to:
- offer you information and support and let you know what options are available to you
- reduce the incidence of sexual misconduct at UNSW by learning from reports about areas or activities of heightened risk.
If the incident involved a UNSW student or staff member and occurred online, on one of our campuses, in UNSW student accommodation or during a UNSW activity such as a field trip or placement, we may be able to consider an investigation under relevant UNSW Codes/Policies/Procedures.
In very serious cases, we may have a duty to tell the Police about an incident.
Please read the Frequently asked Questions before completing this reporting form.
In particular please refer to the following FAQs:
- ‘Where do portal reports go?
- ‘How will portal reports be managed?’
- ‘How is privacy maintained?’
Click the button below to report an incident of sexual assault, sexual harassment or other sexual misconduct:
Please use this reporting portal to report any form of sexual misconduct connected with UNSW OR an incident not connected with UNSW that is affecting your ability to study or work at UNSW.
By “connected with UNSW”, we mean an incident that occurred on a UNSW campus or in UNSW student accommodation, or an incident which occurred during a UNSW activity such as a field trip or a placement.
If you are unsure as to whether the behaviour is sexual misconduct or not, please refer to the definitions in the FAQs.
If you require immediate emergency assistance, contact:
- UNSW Security – 9385 6666
- Police/Ambulance/Fire – 000
If you feel you need to talk to someone right now:
By phone or online you can contact the 24/7 number: 1800 Respect: 1800 737 732 or www.1800respect.org.au
For Other Support Services either on or off campus, see where to get more support