Published: 23 October 2019
Changed conditions for Anzac Parade pedestrian crossings at UNSW Mall Entrance and NIDA
- Please be aware of recent changes introduced at some pedestrian crossings along the Light Rail route.
- Changes include a staggered two staged approach at some crossings.
- This new pedestrian crossing is now in place at Anzac Parade outside UNSW and NIDA at Kensington.
- Tram testing is now underway in the Kensington and Kingsford areas.
What this means
- When you push the signal button, the green crossing will allow you to the middle of the crossing where the light rail stop is
- When the button is activated on both sides of the road, the entire crossing may be sequenced together.
- It is important to remember to only cross on the green
- Be aware at intersections for trams and follow traffic signals.
- Always use designated crossing points, push the signal button and wait for the green signals before crossing the road.
- Step over tracks as they can be slippery when wet.
- Always look both ways and remember trams can approach from both directions.
- For prams, cyclists and wheelchairs, cross tracks on an angle to avoid wheels getting stuck in the tracks.
- More safety tips
For more information