UNSW is pleased to announce the Medibank International Conference and Fieldwork Grants (MICFG) for international students undertaking a Postgraduate Research program are open for Semester 2, 2018.
Grants of $2,000 are available in Semester 2, 2018 for students with an international component to their research or conference presentation.
Grants are for the sole purpose of:
- Domestic conference travel to present a paper (including New Zealand)
- International fieldwork; or
- Domestic fieldwork with an international focus
Grants are NOT for international conference travel.
Students must be enrolled in a research program at the time of travel and comply with the eligibility criteria of the Medibank International Conference and Fieldwork Grant.
To be considered for the grant, applicants must:
- Be an international student undertaking a Masters by Research or PhD and enrolled in a research program at the time of travel
- Use the grant for upcoming Domestic Conference travel to present a paper; International or Domestic Fieldwork only
- Have an international component to their research or a collaboration
- Have the support of their Supervisor
- Be of good academic standing and on track for on-time completion
- Not have been a recipient of the MICFG in prior rounds
- Be a Medibank OSHC member (include membership number in application)
Note: International students who have received a PRSS are also eligible for the MICFG.
How to Apply
- Submit an application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ‘MICFG application’ and your name in the subject line of your email.
- Applications are currently OPEN and will be assessed on a first-come basis