- Fees are payable in Term 1, Term 2 and Term 3.
Centrelink and other benefits - Domestic students
- To retain full-time student status for the purposes of Centrelink, Austudy or other government support, students need to be enrolled in at least six subjects per year.
- Students need to enrol in at least one subject in each of the three normal terms (Term 1, 2 and 3), and six over the course of the year (Terms 1 to 3) to retain full time status. For students enrolling in less than a full year, students will need to enrol in a minimum of two courses per term in order to maintain full time student status.
- Students receive exactly the same amount of support from Centrelink as they previously did to support their purchase of resources. Payments however are still made twice a year so students are required to budget across the course requirements of the new calendar.
- Scholarship payments are aligned with the ne term dates, but the value of UNSW scholarships paid over a year have not changed. Those on external scholarships (Commonwealth Government, external industry scholarships) are not affected so long as students maintain their full-time status.