Major Bus Stop Changes: 9-25 January 2017
Published: 10 January 2017
Light rail construction work will take place within the intersection of Anzac Parade and High Street between Monday 9 January and Wednesday 25 January 2017.
Some bus stops on Anzac Parade and High Street will be closed. Your bus may run from a different stop or use a diverted route.
Pink signs will be in place at affected stops to help you find your new bus location. Please allow plenty of extra travel time in case of delays.
You can visit transportnsw.info for the latest information and to plan your trip.
How will the works affect you?
UNSW Express Services to City (891, 892, 895)
- UNSW Express services to Central and Circular Quay will not pick up from their usual stops on High Street during this time – both Gate 3 and Gate 9 bus stops will not be in use.
- You can catch 891, 892 and 895 buses from the ‘Racecourse side’ of High Street, opposite Gate 2 and Gate 8 (where the buses drop you off in the morning).
- UNSW Express buses to the city will use a detour – up High Street, left onto Wansey Road and then left onto Alison Road.
- Some services may experience delays, so plan ahead and allow extra travel time.
Anzac Parade bus stops (Stand A and B)
- Both Stand A and Stand B will be closed during this time.
- You can catch 391-399 + 346 and M10 services to the city from further south on Anzac Parade (near Barker Street).
- 400/410 services to Bondi Junction will pick up passengers at a new temporary bus stop located near Gate 14, on Barker Street (near Rupert Myers M15 and Barker Apartments).
- These services will also pick up passengers on High St, near Clara St (opposite Sydney Children’s Hospital).
High Street bus stop, outside UNSW Fitness and Aquatic Centre
- This bus stop will be closed during this time.
- You can catch M50, 348 and 370 services from a new bus temporary bus stop, located opposite Gate 14 on Barker Street (opposite Rupert Myers M15 and Barker Apartments).
- These services will also stop outside Sydney Children’s Hospital on High Street.
Gate 9 bus stop
- You can continue to catch 400/410 buses heading towards Burwood from the Gate 9 bus stop.
- The nearest stop for UNSW Express Services to the city (891 and 892) will be located opposite Gate 8 (the Racecourse side of the road).
- M50 buses will not stop at Gate 9 – the closest stops will be at Sydney Children’s Hospital or opposite Gate 14 on Barker Street (opposite Rupert Myers M15 and Barker Apartments).
- All other services will operate as normal.
Where can you find more information?
- To plan your public transport journey, call 131 500 or visit transportnsw.info
- Keep up with traffic changes, construction dates and locations at livetraffic.com
- For urgent enquiries or complaints, call the Light Rail 24-hr Construction Response Line: 1800 775 465.