Published: 7 August 2017
In collaboration with the French Embassy in Australia, French higher education institutions identify internship offers within their laboratories. Internship topics with a strong industrial component will be selected to be proposed to students in Australia. The internship offers are spread within Go8 member universities to pre-select candidates. Honours, Master and PhD students will be eligible to apply.
Pre-selected interns from Go8 universities apply for the French Embassy’s “Nicolas Baudin” travel grant.
Successful applicants for one of the internship offers proposed by French partner institutions the AND selected for Nicolas Baudin travel grant coming from a Go8 university will be awarded a return airfare between France and Australia from the Embassy of France, social security during their stay in France from the Embassy of France, an monthly stipend by the host institution in France for the duration of the internship (3 to 6 months) as well as an additional allowance from the home Go8 university.
The Program includes activities designed to provide the following opportunities:
1) The French Embassy is responsible for identifying the participating French universities and linking with them to provide internship offers to Go8 students within their laboratories. Priority will be given to internship topics involving industrial partners.
2) Available placements proposed by a French university with their industry partners will be promoted by Go8 universities. The Go8 universities will be responsible for pre-selecting students to participate in the internships, in accordance with the eligibility criteria.
Students must fulfil the following eligibility requirements:
- They must be enrolled on campus at a Go8 university at the time of application and throughout the duration of the internship at an Honours, Master or PhD level;
- They must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or international student enrolled at a Go8 university (French citizens enrolled in a Go8 university are not eligible to apply).
Additional eligibility criteria may apply depending on the specific nature of individual internships. These could include necessary language proficiencies, or completion of a program of study commensurate with the requirements of the proposed internship.
3) The pre-selected candidate will apply for the French Embassy “Nicolas Baudin” travel (grant. The Frenchy Embassy, the Go8 and the French hosting universities will jointly select the successful applicants in accordance with their respective financial capabilities.
See below for internship details.
UNSW will be awarding 2x $2500 scholarships, to apply you must submit your application, as detailed below:
Interested students please contact email@example.com and submit an application by 1st September.
For more information see Applying for credit and funding for your overseas short course.
All programs involve some degree of risk to participants. If you choose to source a provider on your own, please remember to do some research on them first and ensure that they are a legitimate organisation and that the product they offer will definitely meet your requirements. Students are therefore advised to undertake their own risk assessment before departure and any participation in these programs is at their own risk.
All students should register their travel with UNSW. You should also undertake a risk assessment before heading overseas. For more information see How to prepare for departure.
For further information email - firstname.lastname@example.org