Summer Undergraduate Research Programme in Hong Kong

Summer Undergraduate Research Programme in Hong Kong

Published: 24 February 2020

The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is inviting applications from undergraduate students to their Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP). SURP provides an opportunity to undertake research attachments for eight weeks (27 June 2020 to 22 August 2020) at CUHK during the Summer under the supervision of a CUHK faculty. Under this program, you will:

  • Develop research skills and knowledge in a specific area of interest

  • Join a world-class research team and work alongside leading experts in the field

  • Experience postgraduate studies first hand

  • Establish professional networks for future career

  • Spend the summer in the vibrant Asia’s World City Hong Kong

To find out about the research projects that are available in such areas as Arts, Engineering and Law, please refer here.



No tuition will be charged. Participants will only have to pay an administration fee (HK$1,950) and an accommodation fee (HK$8,050) for on-campus housing (optional). Meals, transportation and travel and medical insurance are not included. Please refer here for further information. 



You may be eligible to apply for the following funding options for your overseas study:



Students should apply directly to the Program via their website by 17 February 2020.

If you wish to transfer credit for the program, you must first seek approval from your faculty for credit transfer through Cross-Institutional EnrolmentFor more information see - Applying for credit and funding for your overseas short course.

Risk assessment

All programs involve some degree of risk to participants. If you choose to source a provider on your own, please remember to do some research on them first and ensure that they are a legitimate organisation and that the product they offer will definitely meet your requirements. Students are therefore advised to undertake their own risk assessment before departure and any participation in these programs is at their own risk.

Before departure

All students should register their travel with UNSW. You should also undertake a risk assessment before heading overseas. For more information see - How to prepare for departure.

More information