Message from the Dean | Inside BE September 2020

Published: 18 September 2020

Hello and welcome to the September edition of  Inside Built Environment.   

Also, a warm welcome to our new students who joined us this term. All the best for your academic journey with UNSW Built Environment.  

I am constantly inspired by the talent of our students and I would like to invite you to explore Luminocity 2020, a virtual exhibition of our best undergraduate student work.   

It’s unlike anything we have seen or created before. It is a truly immersive multimedia experience which begins at the UNSW Red Centre Gallery and will transport you to locations across Sydney, demonstrating the impact of students’ innovative work addressing urban, social and environmental challenges.  

Congratulations to all students whose projects are featured in the exhibition.   

As this is my last newsletter to you, I want to say thank you for being resilient, creative and continuing to apply yourselves fully to your studies during this unprecedented academic year.  

I am proud to have been a part of UNSW Built Environment in the last five years and have seen it consolidate its outstanding global reputation in the industry and research. 

I also feel confidently about our future. The upcoming move of UNSW Built Environment into a larger faculty, Arts, Architecture and Design (working title) is an exciting direction for BE and will open new opportunities for you. All of our Built Environment programs, facilities and research centres will continue under one roof as they are today.   

I hope you enjoy this edition.   

Stay safe and healthy.  

All the best,   
Helen 

Professor Helen Lochhead, 
Dean, UNSW Built Environment