Published: 23 October 2020
- The School of Philosophy of Beijing Normal University (BNU) will offer a Philosophy Summer School from July 4 to July 19, 2021.
- The general theme for the summer school 2021 will be “Traditional Chinese Philosophy: Human Nature and Virtue”.
- Designed for global university students and young faculty members who are curious about traditional Chinese culture
- Distinguished scholars focusing on the study of traditional Chinese thoughts will share their unique insights with you.
- A great opportunity to network and exchange ideas with young people from around the world.
- You can experience the charm of Beijing where ancient wisdom meets modernity by visiting places of historical interests and the city’s modern landmarks.
- A wonderful cultural trip to Qufu, hometown of Confucius, will deepen your knowledge on Confucianism and enable you to experience various cultural activities.
- Considering the uncertainty brought by the global pandemic, the offer will be valid for 2 years on the condition that each person can only participate in the program once
- NOTE: Final Approval to participate in this program is dependent on changes to the current travel restrictions and confirmation that it is safe for UNSW students to travel to the region
Dates and Deadlines:
UNSW Application Deadline: 6 November 2020
Program Dates: 4 – 19 July 2021
Program Length: 2 weeks
Enrolment Type and Fees
Enrolment Type: Direct Enrolment
Fees: The Confucius Institute Headquarters and Beijing Normal University will provide a number of scholarships of different levels to support round-trip international air tickets, lodging and sightseeing in China during the BNU Philosophy Summer School 2021. Note: The scholarship will only be awarded to applicants who meet the following conditions: (1) completing the whole program; (2) ensuring over 85% attendance of the lectures.
Students should register their interest at http://unsw.aglobal.education/st-application by 6 November 2020
If you wish to transfer credit for the program, you must seek approval from your faculty for credit transfer through Cross-Institutional Enrolment. Credit transfer for this program is at the faculties discretion and not guaranteed. For more information see - Applying for credit and funding for your overseas short course.
For further details:
Here you can see learning abroad notices and information events for short programs and exchange. We recommend you Subscribe for updates.