Published: 9 October 2020
- UCChile Virtual Exchange would allow UNSW students to take a full-time course load (4 courses = 24 UoC) of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile coursework virtually.
- Online course available in a synchronous format.
- Students participating in a virtual exchange will be expected to engage fully in the courses virtually during Santiago, Chile hours.
- Courses are held in Spanish and a Spanish language proficiency of CEFR B2 level (equivalent to UNSW Advanced B Spanish) is required.
- Exchange students will be able to enrol in up to six UCChile courses; however they may only transfer back 24 UoC, depending on their personal preferences and academic requirements from UNSW. Students may complete a part-time load at UCChile for a ‘hybrid-virtual exchange’ where they take one or two courses at the partner and two or one courses, respectively, at UNSW simultaneously; however it is advised to take a full time load at the partner as online courses will be held synchronously.
- Students may review course offerings open to international students in this guide, regularly updated two months before the start of each semester. For more information about courses available at UCChile, check out the online course registration platform, Buscador UC. Please ensure to select the online course format.
- Exchange students will work with the UCChile Exchange team to identify and enrol in online classes.
Dates and Deadlines
UNSW Application deadline: 1 November 2020
Program dates: 1 March 2021 – 16 July 2021
Program length: 20 weeks
Enrolment Type and Fees
The UNSW Exchange Team will help organise your UNSW enrolment while you are on exchange. You will be enrolled in special exchange course code(s). The exchange code(s) will determine your UNSW tuition fees for your exchange term
Students should register their interest at http://unsw.aglobal.education/st-application by 1 November 2020.
To transfer credit for the program, you need to be nominated for a Short Program - Exchange place and the CIS Exchange Pre approval form must be completed and signed by the faculty/course authorities and submitted to our office. For more information see - Applying for credit and funding for your overseas short course.
For further details:
Here you can see learning abroad notices and information events for short programs and exchange. We recommend you Subscribe for updates.