UNSW is moving to a new academic calendar from 2019
Published: 14 March 2017
UNSW is moving to a new academic calendar model from 2019, consisting of three normal terms each with ten weeks teaching, and an optional five-week summer term. The new academic calendar is called UNSW3+.
UNSW3+ will offer:
- Integration of opportunities into the UNSW experience, better preparing students for the work environment.
- Alignment with Northern Hemisphere university calendars, creating flexibility for more global experiences.
- Flexibility to spread study load over the course of the year.
- More time in each term to devote to each course, improving depth of understanding.
- The ability for UNSW to grow over the next ten years.
- A more vibrant campus life through greater optimisation of the facilities.