This page tells you all about applying for program transfer from one approved UNSW Postgraduate Coursework program to another.
- You must have undertaken a minimum of one semester/term of study in your current program.
- You must be in GOOD academic standing.
Important advice for international student visa holders
- If your program transfer request is successful, you will require a new Confirmation of Enrolment which will be issued to you by Student Development International.
- You may not be eligible for full transfer credit from your existing program. In the event that your new program extends the length of your study, it is your responsibility to apply for a new Confirmation of Enrolment from the Department of Home Affairs.
- ADFA Students only: students studying under a Defence Cooperation Scholarship need permission from Defence and IDP before changing programs.
To apply, complete the online Postgraduate Program Transfer form. Make sure to provide all of the required information before submitting your application.
Your application will be directed to your Program Authority for assessment. Once it has been processed you will be notified of the result by email.
Please note that the online form is open at select times of the year. For more information, contact your Program Authority.
Guide to degree programs and courses offered at UNSW