Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you’ve enrolled, you probably have some questions about your student experience at the University. To make your transition into this exciting stage of your life as smooth as possible, we’ve put together a list of the top ten FAQs new students ask about.
- Class Formats: I’ve enrolled in both 'lectures’ and ‘tutorials’ what's the difference?
- Resources: Which textbooks should I buy? Do I need a laptop?
- UNSW ID Cards: How do I get my student ID?
- Transport: How do I get to and from uni?
- The UNSW Student Experience: What’s uni actually like? What do I bring on my first day? What if I get lost?
- Program: Is this program right for me?
- Moodle: How do I find information about my readings, lectures and coursework?
- Co-curricular Opportunities: How can I get involved in volunteering and/or meet other people outside of my classes?
- Facilities on Campus: Where do I find food (affordable) and microwaves? What about gyms and pools? Can I access the internet?
- Employment Opportunities: How do I find employment and balance work with study?