High St Construction: Major transport disruptions due to Light Rail works
Published: 29 March 2017
What is happening?
ALTRAC Light Rail will start construction work along High Street from 10pm on Friday 31 March 2017. There will be major changes in the area during construction as High Street is closed to through traffic. The work zone will be established along High Street, between Wansey Road and Avoca Street (Google map).
- Gate 9 bus stops will move to various locations around the Randwick area. The M50 will run along Belmore Road only (near Royal Randwick shopping centre), no longer stopping at the UNSW Kensington campus.
- The 891 Express to Central will depart from a new stop at Gate 8, as well as the existing stop at Gate 3.
- High Street will be open to westbound general traffic only, between Clara Street and Wansey Road. There will be no eastbound traffic in this section.
- Noise, dust and vibration monitoring will be conducted and, where practical, mitigation measures will be used to minimise impacts as much as possible.
Read the TfNSW construction notification and South-East bus fact sheet for further details. You can find bus route maps and detour information at the Light Rail to UNSW website or follow @UNSWLightRail on Twitter for live updates.
- For more information about the CBD and South East Light Rail work in the area, call 1800 684 490, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sydneylightrail.com.au
- For complaints about Sydney Buses’ services, complete their online feedback form
- For urgent enquiries or complaints call the Light Rail 24-hour Construction Response Line: 1800 775 465
- For the latest information on traffic conditions related to construction in the area, visit www.livetraffic.com