15 Feb 2020 - 9:00am to 1:00pm
110 King St, Manly Vale
Come see us at our Open Day in Manly Vale and discover what water management is about, meet our academics and engineers, and visit our world-class facilities!
- Experience what it’s like to work on real life issues
- Visit our massive labs and see large scale models of dams and harbours
- Meet our experts and researchers and learn from them on the day
- Check the latest in technological advances in the Water space
- See how we use machines to make cyclonic waves
- Learn more about groundwater flowing in an ephemeral stream bed and where the water goes
- Understand why cars float and how modelling floodwaters can help prevent accidents
- Check our massive 1:50 Dam hydraulic scale model, built to improve water flow over the dam
- Observe forming and breaking waves on our 40m by 1.2m wave flume and how we protect coastal structures
- Predict water flow and speed with us with our sloping flume - watch out for grass and water!
- See the gear and gadgets we use (drones, jetskis and other equipment) to analyse currents, chemistry, and much more
- See what models we are working on as we are always building new things - like the Scrivener Dam in Canberra!
- Stop by our lecture theatre and check our CoastSnap and Beach Video Techniques to monitor and measure our coastline
- End your tour with our impressive 29m by 16m wave basin and see how we do research looking at breakwalls, beaches, harbours and waves
Come along to the WRL Open Day where you will experience our unique, world-class research facility first-hand.
No need to register.