Eligibility and Applying
- To be eligible you must be resident in Australia for at least one unit (Course) of study.
- Commonwealth Support is available to
- Australian citizens
- New Zealand citizens
- Holders of permanent visas
Please note: 'Being eligible does not guarantee that you will be offered a Commonwealth supported place in the course of your choice or at your chosen university.' More details on Study Assist.
- Eligible students entering designated Commonwealth Supported programs generally complete the online Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP as part of the online acceptance and enrolment process.
- The form is also available from Student Central (Kensington campus), and must be completed by the relevant census date. Applications cannot be accepted after the census date.
- If you change your program of study you are required to complete a new 'Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP' application. Failure to complete the application will result in the cancellation of your enrolment as a Commonwealth supported student.
- Before signing the application, you must read the Information for Commonwealth Supported Students booklet, so that you are aware of your obligations as the recipient of assistance from the Commonwealth.