Academic Transcript

Academic Transcript

An academic transcript is a certified record of your full enrolment history at UNSW, including all courses attempted, results received and awards conferred. It cannot be altered or separated, e.g. between undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.

You are presented with one copy of your academic transcript per award at your graduation ceremony, along with your testamur (degree certificate).

Currently enrolled students will not necessarily need an official academic transcript - your academic record and results are available for viewing at any time on myUNSW.

Please be aware that if you provide falsified documents to external agencies which misrepresent your qualifications from UNSW, then this could result in one of a range of penalties, from failure in the course or suspension (where applicable), exclusion and/or the matter may be reported to ICAC.

Please also be aware that the University will not release any official documents, including transcripts whilst your student account is blocked. Student accounts can be blocked for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, overdue debts and Student Misconduct investigations.

As a student, you must be aware of your obligations and responsibilities under the Student Code which can be found here:

Academic transcript requests for current students

You can order additional copies of your Academic Transcript online via myUNSW.

To use the service you must have:

  1. Current access to myUNSW, and
  2. A credit card to make the purchase.

If you do not have myUNSW access you need to follow the former student procedure outlined below.

Order a transcript online here(My Student Profile tab > My Student Services > Online Services > Academic Transcripts).

Both Fast and Standard service are available online. Comprehensive information and instructions are on the request site, as you proceed with your order.

Academic Transcript requests for former students

Fast transcript service

Available to all current Sydney campuses students (except AGSM MBA students).

  • Only available to Sydney campuses students and to students enrolled since 1992.
  • Not available for AGSM MBA students, or pre-1992 students.
  • Fast transcripts are issued as your record stands on the day of request, so check your myUNSW student record and ensure all your information is correct before you submit your request. This includes making sure all your results are finalised and visible on myUNSW and if you have recently completed your program, that your graduation status is 'Awarded'.
  • If you have a debt with the university an academic transcript cannot be issued to you.

Fast Service transcripts must be collected from Student Central - they will not be mailed to you. A minimum of two copies of your transcript are issued per request. 

  1. Collect a Fast Service Transcript Application from Student Central
  2. Complete the application form
  3. Make payment and lodge form at Student Central. Payments by credit card or eftpos only.
  4. Return to Student Central and lodge the form.

Applications paid for and lodged at Student Central before 2pm will be available after 4pm on the same day.

Applications paid for and lodged at Student Central after 2 pm will be available after 10am on the next working day.


  • pre-1992 students
  • Alexander Mackie or the former City Art Institute

Standard service request

For all current and past Kensington, Paddington and ADFA/RMC students.

Standard service requests take approximately 5 days to process. Please allow additional time during major assessment periods (July and December), or if you were enrolled in or before 1968 and have not recently requested a transcript.

If you have a debt with the university an academic transcript cannot be issued to you.

Delivery Times for Standard Australia Post can be up to:

  • Australian Metropolitan Areas – 10 working days
  • Australian Regional Areas – 15 working days
  • Overseas Areas – 30 working days

These delivery times should be taken into consideration when choosing a delivery option and before contacting us about delays. These timelines do not include the processing time.

How to apply

Complete the online form here. You will require a credit card to make the purchase.

If you have additional request details, e.g. if an overseas institution requires your transcripts to be in separate signed, sealed envelopes, please note these instructions clearly in the comments section.

Proof of Identity

To enable the University to fulfil its obligations under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (NSW) 1998, you must submit a copy of your driver's license, passport or birth certificate. Your request cannot be processed until you provide this. If you do not have a current driver's license or a passport, you will need to provide copies of the equivalent of 100 points of ID such as medicare card, bankcard, student identity card, electricity bill etc.

If you have changed your name since you studied at UNSW, you will also need to provide evidence of this by providing either a copy of your marriage certificate, official change of name certificate or a copy of other relevant documentation.


Current and past UNSW students, can contact for further enquiries.

Transcripts being sent to another Australian university or TAFE

There is no charge for transcripts being sent directly to another Australian University or College of TAFE. (NOTE: This does not include Private Colleges, Associations or Registration Boards.) To arrange for your transcript to be sent directly to another Australian University or College of TAFE you need to include in your application details of the destination institution.

You need to provide:

  • Your UNSW student ID and your current contact details
  • Name and address of the destination University or TAFE
  • Name of the department
  • Name of the contact person
  • The program for which you are enrolling
  • Your application number
  • Your student ID from that institution (if you have one)
  • Please specify if you are applying for credit transfer

Charges and payment


The costs of additional copies before or after graduation are as follows:

Fast Service: $38 - two copies

Standard transcript request:

  • $38 for the first two copies
  • $15 for each additional copy.


  • Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard ONLY) online or EFTPOS in person at Student Central
  • Personal cheques or cash cannot be accepted.

Academic transcript request if you have outstanding debts with the University

Applications for academic transcripts cannot be processed if you have an outstanding debt to the University. Debts include all fees, loans, library fines, housing blocks, Art & Design blocks, ATAX blocks and equipment. Student Administration will contact you if you have a debt. You will need to clear this debt before your academic transcript can be released.


Transcripts are normally sent via regular Australia Post domestic and airmail services. Official Academic Transcripts cannot be emailed.

For an additional fee transcripts can be sent internationally via TNT couriers, or Express Post within Australia.

Express Post

$8.30 (1-5 copies)








TNT Courier





Hong Kong







South Korea





USA (Miami
& New York)

(all others)



Please contact Student Central on 9385 8500, or email: for all other areas prior to submitting your application.

NOTE: TNT Courier Delivery

Experience has shown that regular airmail to addresses in North America and South-East Asia can take up to 30 working days to arrive. The only service that can guarantee delivery within a reasonable time frame is TNT couriers. Additional fees for TNT vary depending on the country that the package is being sent to (see above table).

TNT have advised that they cannot deliver to overseas post box addresses, and require a specific person be nominated to receive the package. If you are requesting delivery by TNT you must include in your request the:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Contact telephone number and
  • Email address or fax number

of the person you are nominating to take delivery of your transcript.

Request for Historical program and course information

Electronic versions of the UNSW Handbooks and Calendars from 1957 onwards are available from Copies of all Handbooks and Calendars are also kept in the UNSW Library.