Steps to follow for online assessments
If you experience a technical issue, you should take the following steps:
- Take screenshots of as many of the following as possible:
- error messages
- screen not loading
- timestamped speed tests
- power outage maps
- If the Course Coordinator or Tutor is present online during the assessment in chat, make contact immediately and advise them of the issue.
- Submit a Special Consideration application immediately at the conclusion of your assessment and upload your screenshots.
- Your special consideration application will be reviewed, and an outcome updated within 3-5 working days.
Fit to Sit
By sitting or submitting an assessment on the scheduled assessment date, you are declaring that you are fit to do so and cannot later apply for Special Consideration.
If, during an online exam you feel unwell to the point that you cannot continue with the exam, you should take the following steps:
- Stop working on the exam and take note of the time
- If the Course Coordinator or Tutor is present online during the assessment in chat, make contact immediately and advise them that you are unwell
- Immediately submit a Special Consideration application saying that you felt ill during the exam and were unable to continue
- If you were able to advise your Course Coordinator or Tutor of your illness during the assessment, attach screenshots of this conversation to your Special Consideration application
- If your online assessment is a timed assessment (ie: scheduled at a specific time – Australian Eastern Standard Time, AEST), you must make yourself available at the time advised.
- Special Consideration will not be awarded on the grounds that you are in a different timezone and that either:
- the assessment is at an inconvenient time for your timezone, or
- for failure to realise an exam is being conducted at AEST.