NOTE: You must submit your application no later than 5 working days after the return of the piece of work or, in the case of an exam, 5 working days from the date of release of results.
You can apply for a review of results for any of your assessment tasks.
When submitting your request for a review of result, you must state the reason why you believe your mark is not correct. The following reasons are not grounds for a request for a review of result:
- Challenges to the specified learning outcomes of the course;
- Challenges to the assessment methods approved for the course;
- Challenges to the standard required to receive particular marks/grades in the course;
- Study overload;
- Financial implications of not passing the course;
- Marks/grades received by other students;
- Lack of language proficiency;
- The need for additional marks to achieve a higher grade or weighted average mark (WAM); and/or
- A penalty imposed on a student for academic misconduct in accordance with University policies and procedures
If you are requesting a review of result for a group assessment, all participants must be in agreement before a request for a review of the group’s result may be requested. Please include the zID number of each group member when submitting your request.
A review of your results may result in the mark going up or down.
If you wish to request a re-assessment of a piece of work, you should first discuss your performance with the Course Authority. If you still believe, after discussion, that the mark you've received doesn't reflect your performance, you may apply for re-assessment.
You'll be required to give reasons to justify your request for re-assessment. If you don't supply sufficient reasons, the School may decline to take action.
What to do, and when to do it
If you would like to have your results reviewed, please submit a Request for Review of Results here.
You must submit your application no later than 5 working days after the return of the piece of work or, in the case of an exam, 5 working days from the date of release of results.
Keep all marked work in case it is needed for re-marking.