Types of assessment
UNSW recognises the importance of using a range of assessment techniques that help achieve course and program goals and develop students' graduate capabilities.
- Written or oral examinations
- Other types of written assessment (essays, reports etc.)
- Group-based assessment
- Viva voce assessment (oral assessment tasks)
- Performance-based assessment
- Clinical assessment
- Studio projects (e.g. in art, design, architecture)
- Professional experience
- Class participation.
You'll find all the assessment requirements and due dates in your course outline. Course outlines are published before classes commence at the beginning of each teaching period.