Here you will find instructions and authorised UNSW staff if you need documents signed for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Staff authorised to sign
Mark CHHUY, Michelle CHHUY, Sarah JALLAD, Liam RUIZ and Ben WATSON.
Please read the information issued by the Australian Government on the DFAT and Smarttraveller websites.
If you have contacted DFAT and they have advised that you need to have your original testamur or transcripts signed by UNSW please follow the steps below. These steps are also available as a pdf document (PDF, 66kb, 1 page).
By appointment only. Please call The Nucleus: Student Hub on 9385 8500 to arrange an appointment. You will need to bring your original testamur (degree certificate), academic transcripts or letter to the appointment. Your documents will then be stamped and signed by an authorised officer so that you can submit them to DFAT.
If you wish to send a third party to act on your behalf, they will also need to bring a signed letter of authorisation from you requesting the documents be signed and stamped by an authorised officer.
The Nucleus: Student Hub is open:
Mon, Tues, Thurs 8:30 am-5:30pm, Wed 10am-5:30pm, Fri 8:30-5pm
Please note: Authentication is not available between 12 and 2pm daily.
Please send your testamur (degree certificate) and/or academic transcripts to The Nucleus: Student Hub. Do not fold or bend the documents. We suggest that students sending documents from overseas use a courier, to ensure the documents are not lost in the mail.
Please include in your request letter:
- That you require an authentication for DFAT
- Your current contact details including phone, mailing and email addresses
- What you need us to do after your documents have been signed by UNSW. For example:
- If you need the documents to be sent to DFAT please include the contact details of the DFAT Officer. We will send your documents by Express Post to the NSW State DFAT office in Sydney free of charge or to your local Australian mission via TNT couriers if you need the documents sent overseas. Your documents will be sent with a cover letter that will include your contact details.
- If you need to have your documents returned to you please advise us and provide your complete mailing address. Your documents will be mailed to you free of charge by either Express Post (within Australia) or TNT Courier for an overseas address.
- If you need to have your documents mailed to a third party please advise us and provide their mailing address.
Address for regular mail:
The Nucleus: Student Hub
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052
Address for couriers:
The Nucleus: Student Hub
Level 2 (Entry Level), Main Library
UNSW Sydney NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA