Planning your travel during exams? Please remember that there are extensive road works on the roads around campus, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to arrive before your exam starts. See the Bus services during exams page for the latest information on bus routes and availability.
This page contains location maps with the exam rooms marked, as well as information about travelling to and from the exam venues.
You must attend the exact venue specified on your exam timetable. If you go to a venue which is not on your personal timetable, you will disadvantage your fellow students, and you will be in breach of exam rules which can constitute Academic Misconduct.
Some exams such as fully online invigilated exams may require additional or different rules. Please consult your course outline for specific information about these.
Room locations and maps
Exams are held either on the Kensington Campus or in the Grandstand building of the Australian Turf Club's Royal Randwick Racecourse.
The listed exam location is shown in bold type.
- Internal exams: For on-campus examinations run by individual schools, consult the School for venue information.
- External exams: For off-campus examinations run by individual schools, consult the School for venue information.
- Mathews Building: Mathews Building (F23), level 1, same level as the food court, rooms 101, 102, 103, 104, and 105.
- Quad: Quadrangle Building (E15), Rooms G021, G046, 1043, and 1023.
- The Scientia-Gallery: Scientia Building Gallery Room (G19), Southern end, enter near Civil Engineering building entrance.
- The Scientia-Leighton Hall: Scientia Building Leighton Hall (G19), Northern end, entry via main foyer door.
- The Scientia-Ronald Lu/Hong Kong Seminar Room: Scientia Building (G19), Ground floor, beneath Leighton Hall, opposite Richie Theatre.
- The Scientia-Tyree: Scientia Building Tyree Room, G19, Southern end upstairs, enter near Civil Engineering building entrance.
- Law Building: Law Building (F8), Rooms 162, 163, 201, 202, 203, 275, 276, 301, 302, 303, 388, and 389.
- Tyree Energy Tech Bldg, Rm G16: Tyree Energy Technologies Building (H6), Ground Floor.
- Ainsworth Building: Ainsworth Building (J17), Rooms 203 and 204.
- Red Centre West: The Red Centre (H13), Room 2033.
The listed exam location is shown in bold type.
- Centennial Rm, R'wick R'course: Centennial Room (Level 3 South), Grandstand, Randwick Racecourse (access via Southern drum).
- Doncaster Rm, R'wick R'course: Doncaster Room (Level 1), Official Stand, Randwick Racecourse.
- Grandview Rm, R'wick R'course: Grandview Room (Level 1), Grandstand, Randwick Racecourse (access via escalators).
- Kensington Rm, R'wick R'course: Kensington Room (Ground Floor), Grandstand, Randwick Racecourse.
- Level 4, Randwick Racecourse: Corporate Suites 7-24 (Level 4), Grandstand, Access via Northern Drum, Randwick Racecourse.
- Oaks Marquee, Randwick R'course: Oaks Marquee, Randwick Racecourse.
- Own & Train L'nge, R'wick R'cr : Owners & Trainers Lounge: (Ground Floor), Officials Stand, Randwick Racecourse.
- Royal Ballroom, R'wick R'course: Royal Randwick Ballroom (Level 2), Grandstand, Randwick Racecourse (access via escalators).
- Skyline Room, R'wick R'course: Skyline Room (Level 3 North), Grandstand, Randwick Racecourse (access via Northern drum).
An easy way to get to your exam is by bus.
Sydney Buses provide additional services during UNSW exam time, and express buses between Central and UNSW stop near Randwick Racecourse on their way to UNSW to drop off students. Transport for NSW staff are on duty at Eddy Ave Stand D on weekdays from 7:30am-11:30am if you have any questions.
See the Bus services during exams page for the latest information on bus routes and availability.
For timetables, travel maps, fares and ticket information, visit the Getting to Uni website.
Paid parking is available at the Kensington campus car parks. See driving and parking for maps and more information.
Limited parking is available at Randwick Racecourse. Limited street parking is also available near the racecourse. See the precinct map (PDF, 550kb) for details.
Entering the Racecourse
Enter via the Main Gate on Alison Road. Please use the traffic lights when accessing the Racecourse.
Once you are inside the racecourse
- Horses have absolute priority. Please drive very carefully when horses are nearby.
- Students are personally liable for any damage to the racecourse grounds that may arise as a result of taking a vehicle into the racecourse.
- Neither UNSW nor the Australian Turf Club take any responsibility for vehicles parked at Randwick Racecourse.
Pedestrian entrances to exams at Randwick Racecourse is only via Alison Road (Gate 1) or the gates at Abbotsford Street and Bowral Lane (off Doncaster Avenue).
Do not enter the racecourse through the High Street gates, and under no circumstances cross the race tracks—penalties apply.
Please be mindful of passing motorists and remain vigilant when crossing major roads.