Published: 7 February 2019
The Law Textbook Scheme is a collaboration between UNSW Student Life and Communities and the UNSW Faculty of Law. The purpose of the scheme is to support the inclusion and success of students from particular equity groups enrolled at UNSW Sydney in undergraduate law programs and the Juris Doctor program.
Eligibility has been determined by one of the following Federal Government indices based on student’s residential address as recorded by UNSW Sydney at time of enrolment:
- 1. Statistical Area 1 (SA1), or
- 2. Socio-Economic Index for Areas – Index of Education and Occupation (SEIFA).
Identified students will receive a notification of eligibility via email and can access the textbook grant using their Student ID at the UNSW Bookshop.
Terms and conditions
- This program is for eligible full-time students, or part-time students on a pro-rata basis, who are enrolled in Term 1, 2019 as of Monday 11 February.
- The grant is for books and study materials to the value of $500 for full-time students enrolled by midnight (00:00 AEST) February 11, 2019 in a program managed by the Faculty of Law. For part-time students, the grant is for the proportion of $500 that corresponds to study load: e.g., for students with a 0.5 full time equivalent (FTE) study load, the maximum grant is $250.
- This program is only for textbooks or study materials relevant to the Law program in which the eligible student is enrolled. In cases of dual programs, the grant funds may be used to purchase textbooks for non-law courses, provided the units of credit for those courses are counted towards a program in which the Faculty of Law is named in the UNSW Handbook as having oversight. For example, students in Program 4733 (Commerce/Law) may use the grant to purchase textbooks relevant to commerce subjects.
- Identified eligible students are the intended beneficiaries of this grant. Buying textbooks for students other than the student named in the notification is prohibited in this program and could result in permanent disqualification from the scheme.
- Only one copy of each textbook may be bought under this scheme. You cannot buy multiple copies of the same textbook under this scheme.
- The grant cannot be transferred to other bookshops, is not exchangeable for cash and unused funds cannot be transferred to students.
- The grant must be used in the calendar year for which it is granted.
- Any decisions related to eligibility will be reviewed by the Manager, Student Support and Success.
For questions relating to this scheme, please email email@example.com