UNSW Under 18 Care Program
The UNSW Under 18 Care Program is available to students who;
- will be under 18 when entering Australia to begin a course at UNSW
- are post Foundation Studies students remaining in their selected Undergraduate Program (as listed on their Provisional Offer)
- do not need a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) in order to meet Immigration Department student visa requirements
The UNSW Under 18 Care Program includes:
- Under 18 Orientation workshops and programs
- Regular meetings with an International Student Support Advisor to assist your academic and social adjustment
- An assigned cultural mentor to help you in your transition to study at UNSW
For more detailed information about the UNSW Under 18 Care Program refer to the Care Program information booklet.
To apply for the UNSW Under 18 Care Program
- You and your parents or legal guardian must complete the UNSW Under 18 Care Program Application Form
- Pay FEES
A fee for the UNSW Under 18 Care Program of $8 a day from from the beginning of the term until you turn 18 years of age.
How to make a payment for the Under 18 Care Program
Payment can be made online via the form UNSW Under 18 Care Program using MasterCard, Visa or American Express. Once payment is complete a receipt will be forwarded to your nominated email address. You do not need to inform us that payment has been made.
If a student enrols in the UNSW Under 18 Care Program and subsequently wishes to withdraw, they must notify International Student Compliance team by email firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will be made if written notification of withdrawal is received before the start of the UNSW Under 18 Care Program. After this date, unused portions of the UNSW Under 18 Care Program fee will be refunded. Please note that students are required to give ten working days' notice if they are discontinuing in the UNSW Under 18 Care Program.
Transitioning from UNSW Global Foundation Studies on a Package Offer
If you are on a packaged offer from UNSW Global Foundation Studies you will have been issued a conditional Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW). In order to meet the conditions of your CAAW, you will need to apply for the UNSW Under 18 Care Program prior to starting your course at the UNSW.
If you are changing your Program from the one on your original conditional offer, you will need to apply for both a new CAAW from UNSW and the UNSW Under 18 Care Program before accepting your new offer.
Transitioning from another registered provider
UNSW does not accept responsibility for an under 18 student's accommodation and welfare arrangements before the commencement date on the CAAW. The CAAW begins 14 days before the commencement of the term.