Completing Your Studies

International Student Experience Unit (ISEU) will deliver two information sessions this term for international students who are due to complete their studies.

Seminars will cover a range of topics to assist you with the graduation process, finding employment, returning home and post study work visa options.

Attendance is FREE and it is essential that you RSVP to each seminar using the ISEU Online Booking System. These sessions will be live streamed however live chat function will not be available. 

Live Streaming & recording of the session will be available via Moodle. Login with your zID and enter the student enrolment key Graduation2019

Information Sessions

Staying in Australia

This session will cover information about finding work in Australia, graduation process, UNSW Alumni and Temporary Graduate Visa (485).

Date: TBA
Venue: TBA

Preparing to Return Home 

This session will cover information about finding work internationally, graduation process & UNSW Alumni.
Date: TBA
Venue: TBA

For further information, complete the enquiry form.


Attending your graduation ceremony

If you wish to stay in Australia to attend your graduation ceremony, please contact the Australian Government's Department of Home Affairs (concerning immigration) to discuss your visa options.  

Before contacting the Department of Home Affairs, confirm your graduation date. You will need this information, and an Award and Enrolment Statement (completion letter) if you apply for an alternate visa to remain in Australia for your graduation.

Your graduation and family visa information

You can invite your parents to Australia to attend your Graduation Ceremony. To do this, you need to write an invitation letter to your parents indicating you wish your parents to attend your Graduation Ceremony in Australia. You will need to demonstrate you have completed your degree and are graduating. You will need an Award Statement.

Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) 

  • Read the criteria and eligibility for a Temporary Graduate Visa, including English language, health and character test requirements, and start preparing for your application.
  • Meet the required English language requirement at the time of application - you need to show evidence that in the last 3 years, you achieved the required English language requirement. If you don’t have existing evidence, you will need to book an English language test. Make sure that you know how long results take to be released so that you know you will have them in time. UNSW Global is an IELTS, TOEFL and Pearsons testing centre.
  • View recording of the session delivered by ACACIA Immigration Australia via this Moodle link. Login with your zID and enter the student enrolment key Graduation2019.

Other resources