Handing in Your Essay
You haven’t completed your assignment until you’ve handed it in.
It’s important to READ the assignment guidelines in your course outlines and to follow them. find out how your lecturer/tutor would like assignments presented. and make sure you comply with their requirements.
- Make sure you know the date the assignment is due. Submitting late work usually incurs a penalty.
- Make sure you know where and to whom your assignment should be submitted.
- Most assignments require a cover sheet (available from your school office).
- Don’t submit your essay in a plastic folder or sleeve (unless you are asked to do so).
- Ensure your essay is formatted correctly. Use double-line spacing and a readable font (size 12 at least).
- Number pages and set wide margins.
- Print on one side of the page only.
- Staple your essay in the top left-hand corner.
- Keep an extra copy for yourself.
Cuba, I 1998, A Short Guide to Writing About Social Science, Harper Collins, Australia.
Emmerson, L (ed.) 2005, Writing Guidelines for Social Science Students, 2nd edn, Dunmore Press, Southbank, Victoria.
Oshima, A & Hogue, A 1991, Writing Academic English, Addison-Wesley, London.
University of Toronto Writing Centre, Some General Advice on Academic Essay Writing, University of Toronto, accessed 2010, http://www.writing.utoronto.ca/advice/general/general-advice