How to get replacement Student ID card

Here you can find information on how to get a replacement Student ID card if your:

  • Name has changed
  • Card is lost or damaged
  • Card has expired

My name has changed

If you change your name after commencing your studies at UNSW, you are required to notify the University using the Correction of Personal Details PDF form.

Replacement of an ID Card following a name change is free. Once your name change has been processed you should obtain a new ID card through The Nucleus: Student Hub.

Lost or damaged card

You are responsible for any misuse of your card until it is reported lost or stolen. Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to The Nucleus: Student Hub.

You can obtain a replacement Student ID card from The Nucleus: Student Hub. A replacement fee of $25 will apply.

Expired card

Student ID cards are valid for 3 years, provided you remain enrolled during that time. If your Student ID Card expires before the date that you complete your program, you can obtain a new card. Replacement of an expired ID card is free. Please present your expired card and a new one will be issued free of charge.

You can collect your new Student ID Card from The Nucleus: Student Hub.