Concession Travel is Changing

Published: 29 March 2017

Concession Travel is Changing

Need to travel on half price fares in 2017?

In 2017 the way you prove your entitlement to concession travel on NSW public transport is changing.

For travel within the Opal network, you will need to make sure you always carry your UNSW ID card and your Concession Opal card together when you travel.

For travel outside the Opal network – including many rural and regional buses and NSW TrainLink Regional services:

  • Tertiary Student Concession Cards and foil stickers will not be accepted after 31 March 2017
  • you’ll need to apply for a Transport Concession Entitlement Card to prove your eligibility to travel on a concession fare.

Applications for a Transport Concession Entitlement Card open from 1 February 2017.

More information

For more information and contact details for questions visit:

See also