In order to graduate from UNSW you must be eligible! Please read this page carefully to determine if you are eligible to graduate.
You must have:
- Completed all assessments, industrial training, thesis and projects required for your program of study
- Paid any debts with the University
- Have all outstanding results resolved
- Checked and updated your personal details in myUNSW.
Your program authority must:
Confirm that you've completed all requirements for your degree and are eligible to graduate.
- If you are confused about your graduation status or you need advice, contact your Program Authority.
- Aviation students must apply to the UNSW School of Aviation for graduation.
To participate in the graduation ceremony
- Confirm your attendance in myUNSW
- Pay the graduation fee of $180 (GST inclusive). This fee includes:
- Guest tickets for your ceremony
- Refreshments following your ceremony
- Hire of your academic dress from the Arc Grad Shop
- A souvenir trencher (or bonnet for PhD graduates)
- A photo of you receiving your degree on stage
- A download link to a video of your ceremony
Please do not pay the graduation fee until you have been allocated to a ceremony and you confirm (RSVP) your attendance. You only need to pay the graduation fee once for the ceremony you attend (i.e. only pay once if you are receiving dual awards at the same ceremony).
The following pages can help you ensure graduation runs smoothly:
Please let us know if you're not attending your ceremony.