In the event of a critical incident
UNSW relies on advice from International SOS and DFAT for all travel. If a warning is issued for the country you are in, you will need to leave as soon as possible.
In the event of a critical incident and/or your need immediate assistance, please contact International SOS on 61 2 9372 2468 citing UNSW membership number: 12 AYCA 086 931
- follow the advice of International SOS in relation to your travel and safety
- download the Assistance App on your smartphone for quick access to travel security alerts and relevant travel-related information
- keep your location and contact details up to date via the International SOS app
- use the Check-in feature in the app if you are in a different location to your original travel plans.
- download your membership card. A list of 24-hour Assistance Centres is listed on the back
The following offices should also be informed as soon as possible:
- The International Office at your host university. Keep their contact details handy.
- The UNSW Study Abroad and Exchange Office for Exchange Programs:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 2 9385 3179
- Your UNSW Faculty for Faculty short programs
- Where the incident occurs after hours, contact UNSW Security on +61 2 9385 6666. State clearly to the control room operator accepting the call you are a UNSW student currently overseas and need assistance.