Important contacts for students travelling overseas:
- UNSW relies on advice from International SOS and DFAT for all travel. If a warning is issued for the country you are in, you will need to leave as soon as possible.
- In the event of a critical incident the following offices should be informed as soon as possible:
- The International Office at your host university. Keep their contact details handy.
- International SOS www.internationalsos.com
- The UNSW Study Abroad and Exchange Office:
- Where the incident occurs after hours, contact UNSW Security on +61 2 9385 6666. State clearly to the control room operator accepting the call you are a UNSW student currently overseas and need assistance.
- Should an unforeseen disaster occur such as an earthquake, typhoon, tornado, tsunami, it is essential that in addition to the above offices you also make contact with the local Australian diplomatic mission:
- If UNSW determines that you must leave a location, the Global Education Office will contact you to advise of evacuation.
UNSW Study Abroad and Exchange
Tel: +61 2 9385 3179
Fax: +61 2 9385 1265
Ground Floor, East Wing, Red Centre Building
The University of New South Wales
Kensington, Sydney 2052
After hours emergency contacts
UNSW Security Office
Ph : +61 2 9385 6666
UNSW Risk Management
Australian Government websites