Insert an image
Add some eye candy to your contributions to your Moodle course!
You can insert images in two ways:
- Upload to theBox, which will allow you to search for the uploaded image in other Moodle text editors.
- Upload to Moodle.
To upload and link image to Moodle via theBox:
- In any Moodle activity where the text editor exists (e.g. when adding a forum post) click the Image icon .
- Click the Find or upload an image... button.
- In the File picker window, choose theBox from the left hand side.
- Choose your file by:
- Clicking the Select your file button and browse for your file on your computer. OR
- Drag and drop the file into the window.
- Choose the proper Copyright setting for the image.
- Click the Save button.
- The file will now be uploaded to theBox (Beta).
- Enter a description for the image and click the Insert button.
- The image file will now be uploaded. Please ensure you finish completing the activity you were working on.
To upload to specific Moodle only:
- Within the text editing box, click the Insert/edit image icon in the third row of functions.
- In the Insert/edit image window, click Find or upload an image.
- In the File picker, click Upload a file, then Browse.
- In the Choose file window, browse for and select the file, then click Open.
- In the File picker:
- Enter a name for the file to Save as in the repository.
- Adjust author and license details if necessary.
- Click Upload this file.
- In the Insert/edit image window, the Image URL displays and the image displays in the Preview box.
- Enter an Image description to display to users who employ screen readers.
- Click Insert. The image displays in the text editor. Once you have saved your changes to this page, the image will display with any other content entered in the text editor, when a user clicks the link for the item.