The private files area is for holding files, for use in any of your courses, that you wish to remain inaccessible by other students or instructors. This is useful when you want to use a file for multiple courses, or when you want to access a file from multiple computers.
This page instructs you on how to add files to the private files area, how to use private files in a course, and how to organise private files.
Note that It will still be visible to the Moodle administrator.
Access the private files area
- Navigate to your dashboard by logging on to Moodle.
- Turn page editing on by clicking the customise this page button on the top-right of the page.
- Add the "private files" block by clicking "add a block" and selecting "private files"
- You will now see the block on the left hand side of your screen
- Navigate to the My private files page by clicking on Manage private files in the Private files block.
- On the My private files page, drag and drop the file into the Files box.
- The file displays in the Files box. Click Save changes.
In the Private files page, you can check the amount of space left in your Private files storage through the tooltip shown below.