If you are having difficulty paying your tuition fees due to financial hardship you can apply for a payment plan. Payment Plans are designed to assist you to meet your financial obligations, if you have experienced unforeseen or exceptional circumstances.
Payment Plans are not an alternate method of payment and if you are not able to demonstrate unforeseen or exceptional circumstances, then your request may not be approved.
- Can only be arranged on a semester/term basis
- Should be applied for prior to the payment due date
- Will not be approved after the census date of your enrolment
- Cannot be applied to retrospective terms/semesters
- Are not usually available to commencing students
- Are not available to students who are eligible for Commonwealth assistance (FEE-HELP, HECS-HELP, SA-HELP) and/or Commonwealth support
View the fee policy
- You should pay at least one third of your total liability and your SSAF charges (if eligible) prior to submitting your application. If you are applying prior to your charges being displayed on your fee statement, ensure the payment is made prior to the payment due date.
- The standard arrangement is for the remainder of your charges to be paid in monthly instalments, over the remaining two months. If you require an alternate arrangement you should detail your instalment preference in your application
- Payment plans granted will be limited to the semester/term in which the request is made and no further extensions will be granted
If you believe you will have difficulty paying your fees, please talk to the Student Financials Team via The Nucleus: Student Hub or email email@example.com.
- You must submit a completed application form and a detailed personal statement describing your financial difficulties and why you are unable to pay your fees by the payment due date. Applications are assessed on their individual merits.
- If your application for a payment plan is approved, an administrative fee of $100 will be applied.
- Submit your application no later than the fee payment due date for the semester/term in which you are requesting a payment plan.
- Download the Payment Plan Application Form (PDF, 148KB).
- You will be contacted regarding the outcome of your application within 5 working days.
To cancel your Payment Plan arrangement, please advise the Student Financials Team of your cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your payment plan has been activated, then the administrative fee is not refundable.